We are getting close to the end with the Centers, Power Forwards and Small Forwards done, we present the Shooting Guard list. (Me, Martel, Ron and Nate) have morphed our opinion feel free to see how the list came out and give your opinion.
10. Evan Turner, Philadelphia 76ers, 6 pts- Last year Evan Turner showed an improved all-around game. This year he should be able to make continued progress but will have to compete for shots with newly acquired Nick Young.- Nate
9. Kevin Martin, Houston Rockets, 8 pts- Martin is a very underrated player, he is a hell of a scorer but doesn’t do much else in bulk. He will hang 40 on you with no problem but he has been stuck in smaller markets but one thing is for sure he will still put good scoring numbers up if not nothing else.- JT
8. Tyreke Evans, Sacramento Kings, 9 pts- Tyreke Evans is serious talent when healthy. Evans has the ability to get to the bucket at will and displays the vision of a point guard. Evans will need to improve his outside shot and commitment on the defensive end to become an elite player. Evans numbers have been on the decline since his rookie season, but with a position change and an improved supporting cast Evans should be back to the player we saw during his rookie season.- Ron
6. James Harden, Oklahoma City Thunder, 20 pts- Harden isn’t flashy at all. Some say he has an old man game but the man known as “The Beard” is one of the leagues up and coming stars. He’s a smooth lefty who never seems to be in a hurry and he’s probably the best playmaker on his team. Coming off a sixth man of the year award, Harden should turn that into another success season as he looks to get paid.- Martel
6. Monta Ellis, Milwaukee Bucks, 20 pts- Monta Ellis is a great scorer and hopefully in his second year in the backcourt with Brandon Jennings those 2 are able to light it up. As the primary scorer expect Ellis to do his part, just has to find ways to make his talents work to his teammates advantage and help their production.- Nate
5. Eric Gordon, New Orleans Hornets, 22 pts- “Air Gordon” battled injuries last year, so with a healthy season he may have a shot of moving up this list. Gordon was the key piece in the CP3 deal. Gordon can score from anywhere on the court and is very underrated on defense, the kid has the hands of a ninja. He wanted to go to Phoenix in the off-season but the Hornets didn’t allow that, he should gel nicely with Anthony D, Ryan A. and Austin R.- JT
4. Joe Johnson, Brooklyn Nets, 25 pts - Joe Johnson has received criticism that his play does not match to what he is getting paid, but it’s not his fault that the Atlanta Hawks chose to pay Johnson a crazy amount of money while playing there. Johnson now a member of the Brooklyn Nets will be teaming up with Deron Williams in the backcourt given them the most potent backcourts in the NBA. Johnson was never suited to be a number one option. Now that Johnson will be the No.2 option for the Nets he will flourish now that the pressure of being “the man” is off of him.- Ron
3. Manu Ginobili, San Antonio Spurs, 29 pts- Manu is responsible for bringing the Euro step to America. He is one of the most decorated players in the world. An NBA champion,Euro League champion, and Olympic gold medalist, Ginobili has built a hall of fame career. Last season Ginobili had his lowest scoring output since his rookie season but at 35 he seems like he still has a couple of years left in him.- Martel
2. Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat, 36 pts- Coming off an NBA Championship in which he was hurt Wade was still one of the best 2 guards in the league. A bit inconsistent at times he found ways to make plays. Don’t see that changing next year, especially with the addition of Ray Allen, his load just got a little lighter.- Nate
1. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers, 40 pts- KB24, The Black Mamba and whatever else you want to call him is heading into his 17th season and is still an elite player. That German engineered knee looks like it will buy Kobe at least two more elite years in the NBA. I’m not going to get into Kobe’s stats because this post wouldn’t end, but KB24 has a few new toys in LA so watch out.- JT
Let us know how you feel about the list!!