My name is Jesse Smith and I have been watching the NFL games all year. Do you care about how your product looks on the field? Is this how a company runs its corporation when it is worth over billions? I want to start off with hey I know I have no pull, weight, juice or power to get this fixed but I can complain. I want to make a few points to why you need bring the regular officials back.
- The replacement officials are costing teams wins. What’s one loss? It could be the difference in making or missing the playoffs. Let’s see if last nights blunder comes back to haunt the Packers, yep the defensive player had the ball first but it still was called a TD or will the iffy kick comeback to bite the Patriots? Those are just a few of many situations that stick out.
- Injury risk is skyrocketing. Yes, football is a violent sport but these refs are missing when players are being forced down causing them to take more punishment than they need to receive. I saw the refs miss calling Matt Stafford down and it caused him to get creamed twice.
- Some of the refs are misplacing the ball giving up more yards than actually earned on some penalty calls.
- The replacements don’t know all the calls. We all have seen miscalls, hesitation and uncertainty with damn near every call made.
- Games are taking 4 hours to get finished without going into overtime. The Pittsburgh/Oakland game didn’t go off til past 8 pm eastern time, yeah shocked me too.
I could make the list go on and on but I’m going to stop here. I know the regular refs are not perfect and miss calls also but with them being out for these few weeks it makes the common fan appreciate how good of a job they actually do. Goodell please get the regular zebras back, pay them whatever they want, health and viewing pleasure depend on it. We have a lingerie league ref out there does that even make any sense?
P.S.-Help us as a people enjoy football again, PROTECT THE SHEILD man!